Come and be part of something exciting as the Reedbut Group continues to grow and invest!
Our business has three sites; Milton Keynes, the head office, Andover and Strood, and is one of the UK’s leading independent sheet plants. The company has an annual turnover exceeding £14 million and employs 80 people.
Operating in the rapidly growing corrugated packaging market, the materials we work with have strong green credentials. We’re playing a leading role in the war against single-use plastic.
So, if you see yourself being part of a forward-thinking manufacturing company, working hard to make a sustainable difference, you are our kind of person.
Trainee Commercial & Technical Manager posted 4th June 2021
This is a great opportunity to join us as part of the Technical Sales Team at our Milton Keynes site.
Key Job Elements
- Pre – Sale Account Management
- Raising product specifications and preparing estimates using our industry specific business software, Packaging 3000
- Managing customer’s enquiries and offering best packaging solutions and technical advice
- Delivering outstanding customer service
- Preparing price analysis spreadsheets to set pricing levels in key customer proposals
- Preparing stock agreements
- Purchasing of tooling for new jobs
- Developing strong relationship with existing and new customers, ensuring sales and margins budgets are achieved
- Customer meetings using a mixture of video call e.g. Teams and face to face visits on customer’s premises
- Create CAD diagrams using our design software Kasemake
- Operating Kongsberg CAD table to produce samples for customer to trial and sign off
- Educated to degree level
- Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to analyse data and solve problems
- Excellent customer service skills
- Presentation skills
- Good communication skills, written and oral
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Time management and organisational skills
- Drive to continuously develop and improve your knowledge
- Team player
- Full driving licence
If you are an enthusiastic new graduate who is interested in learning the technical and commercial aspects within a packaging manufacturing business, whilst delivering excellent customer service, this could be the role for you. Previous work experience is not necessary but may be advantageous.
Hours of Work
- 37.5 hours per week
- Monday to Friday – 9.00am to 5.00pm with a 30 minute lunch break
- The basic annual leave entitlement is 20 working days
- Additional holidays are based on length of service up to a maximum of 25 days
- Membership of the Group Life Insurance Scheme and the Personal Pension Plan on completion of the probationary period
- Access to the company profit sharing scheme
- Annual Salary £22,000 rising to £27,000 upon successful completion of a two year training plan